3 medium carrots
200g plain self raising flour (I prefer brown)
20g chia seeds
200ml soya milk
1 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Turn on oven to 200 degrees fan
- First, measure out the chia seeds into a bowl and pour on the soya milk to allow to soak. Stir once.
- Finely grate the carrots. If you have a blender I recommend blending the grated carrots for a smoother consistency, but it's not the ned of the world if you don't have one. Add the carrot to the chia seed bowl and stir.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients (self raising flour, baking powder and cinnamon) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the carrot and chia seed mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and add the honey.
- Stir thoroughly to ensure an even distribution. You should have a fairly sloppy consistency, so if not, either add more soya milk or more flour depending on if it needs thinning or thickening.
- Now either spoon into 10 muffin cases, or this recipe works equally well as a loaf, so a greased loaf tin.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes then allow time for cooling
Love Helen XX